Wednesday 11 April 2012

Titanic 3D

Titanic was re-released in 3D in cinema's on Friday 6th April 2012 in the UK to commermorate the 100th year anniversary of the sinking of the ship on April 14/15th 1912. Many lives were lost, 1,517 people died out of a grand 2,223 passengers. A heartbreaking story and movie, just listening to Rose by James Horner tears me up and makes me want to go into a dark corner and bawl.

A modern classic love story between a poor (but beautiful) boy and rich "spoiled brat" girl who fall in love, but if I even have to explain that, then why are you reading this and not watching the film? Unfortunately it doesn't end the way we all want but you can't change history, fictional or not.

Yesterday I went to see it in 3D. I was prepared for it to be 'not all that', the 3D thing not the film! Every 3D film I've ever went to see at the cinema has been nothing amazing! Take for example Avatar, I would of have been just as happy paying less money for 2D, I love 2D, it very rarely disappoints! The glasses usually drain the colour from the movie and give me a headache. Titanic in 3D, however, was quite marvelous.

It isn't like you may except, in which you feel like if the ship jumps, you jump (please get the reference), but it is a nice effect to have when watching the movie. The 3D does, to put it simply, bring everything forward and gives things more dimension. For example, the characters come out a little more, the water drops look quite real etc. But if you can't or don't want to see it in 3D, you're really not missing out on much. The 3D neither adds to the film or takes anything away.  But what I will say is that you must, must, must see it on the big screen. It's quite an experience if you've never had the chance to!

What can I say? Titanic was brilliant, 24 hours later and I'm still a little depressed. Just a beautiful job done to make us feel that much towards fictional characters. I can't help thinking of all these What if's. Indeed Kate Winslet, what if you'd have never let him go, would he be the man you use to know...but I guess we'll never know.

Props to the beautiful Kate Winslet and Leonardo Dicaprio for bringing us such an enchanting tale.


1 comment: